Life Group Guide (09.10.17)
For the week of September 10 - 16
Sermon Series: Bullies
Week 5: Apathy (Watch or Listen to This Week's Message)
Impact Team Focus: Worship
Main Thought for the Week:
Apathy is a lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern. Following Jesus is not a passive journey; it is an active adventure. We must not be apathetic, but must actively participate in the mission that He has for us.
Main Passages: Psalm 51:10-13 (NIV)
10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
13 Then I will teach transgressors your ways,
so that sinners will turn back to you.
Galatians 6:7-9 (NIV)
7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8 Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
- What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message, and why?
- In which areas of your life do or have you experienced apathy?
- Can you describe a time in your life when taking action proved to be rewarding or worthwhile?
- Are there any areas in your life where God is currently calling you to action?
- How can we support you in this?
Pray for individual requests in the group, pray for people being reached out to by group members by name, and pray for the growth and health of Grace City.