Life Group Guide (03.04.18)
Life Group Guide
For the week of March 4 - 10
Sermon Series: Grace is Greater
Sermon: Greater Than My Mistakes
Impact Team Focus: Setup
Main Thought for the Week:
Grace is the free and unmerited favor of God. Our sin is ugly, but God’s grace is greater than any past mistake or regret. The more we recognize the ugliness of our sin, the more we are able to experience God’s grace. Our ability to appreciate grace is in direct correlation to the degree to which we acknowledge our need for it.
We can make the mistake of believing we're just “not that bad," or comparing ourselves to others who are “worse” morally. Instead, we must understand the severity of our sin. We are worse than we want to admit, but God’s grace is greater than we could ever imagine. As we acknowledge our sin and brokenness, God’s grace redeems our past regrets, no matter how severe.
Romans 3:23 (NIV)
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
1 Timothy 1:15 (NIV)
15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst.
- What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
- Before beginning this study, how would you have defined grace?
- Why is it easy to believe that we can earn God’s grace?
- How is it difficult to believe you need grace? —especially if you’re a pretty good person?
- Would anyone like to share how God’s grace has redeemed your past regrets?
Pray for individual requests in the group, pray for people being reached out to by group members by name, and pray for the growth and health of Grace City.