Life Group Guide (03.18.18)
Life Group Guide
For the week of March 18 - 24
Sermon Series: Grace is Greater
Sermon: Greater Than Your Circumstances
Impact Team Focus: Setup
Main Thought for the Week:
Ungratefulness is a rival to God’s grace. This is a big deal to God, because complaining and ungratefulness overlook the greatness of the grace you’ve received. It’s a way of saying “I don’t believe God is taking care of me”.
If God can turn the death of Jesus into our salvation, he can do just about anything with whatever we’re going through. Our abilities will not always equate to our assignment. God’s power is attracted to weakness - it comes running to those in need.
A few ways God’s grace is always at work:
1. You can know that God’s grace is working in your life to bring you closer to Jesus.
2. You can know God’s grace is working in your pain to make you more like Jesus.
Therefore there is purpose in your pain and circumstances. God is not going to waste it. The purpose outweighs the pain. If you recognize that there is a purpose to your pain, you can find the strength to endure it. God’s grace points us to the purpose of our pain!
The scriptures hold these truths in tension, and it is important to recognize both:
Life is hard AND God is good.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NIV)
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
Romans 8:28 (NIV)
28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
- What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
- What obstacles have stood in the way of you accepting God’s gift of grace?
- How can you be more thankful in your everyday life?
- How does acknowledging our weaknesses allow us to better understand our need for God’s grace?
- How can we accept God’s grace during life’s storms? How can we show those who are suffering that same grace, without being cliché or simplistic?
Pray for individual requests in the group, pray for people being reached out to by group members by name, and pray for the growth and health of Grace City.