Life Group Guide (04.15.18)
Life Group Guide
For the week of April 15-21
Sermon Series: Strong
Sermon: The Faith of Rahab
Impact Team Focus: Kids
Main Thought for the Week:
When the Israelite spies enter the promised land, they are shown kindness and hidden by Rahab the prostitute. In this passage, we see the faith of Rahab:
1. Confidence and Conviction in the Lord’s Power - She had heard of Him parting the Red Sea and delivering the Israelites.
2. Confidence and Conviction in God’s Rule over Heaven and Earth - She trusted in His rule without having all of the answers, and without being in control.
3. Confidence and Conviction in the Coming Judgement - She desired to be delivered by aligning herself with God.
4. Concern for Self and Others - Rahab desired the deliverance of not only herself, but also of others.
From this passage, and the faith demonstrated by Rahab, we can apply the above principles in how we pursue evangelism. Having confidence and conviction in the Lord’s power, His rule over Heaven and Earth, and in His coming judgement will lead us to be concerned for others, and to invite others to align themselves with God and experience deliverance.
Joshua 2:12-13 (NIV)
12 “Now then, please swear to me by the Lord that you will show kindness to my family, because I have shown kindness to you. Give me a sure sign 13 that you will spare the lives of my father and mother, my brothers and sisters, and all who belong to them—and that you will save us from death.”
1 Timothy 1:15-16 (NIV)
15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16 But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.
- What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
- Do you relate to any of the above points more than the others?
- Are there any points above where you desire an increase in conviction or confidence?
- What is a next step you would like to take take in inviting someone you know into faith in Jesus? (ex. Prayer, sharing your testimony, inviting them to church/life group, etc.)
Pray for individual requests in the group, pray for people being reached out to by group members by name, and pray for the growth and health of Grace City.