Life Group Guide (10.08.17)
For the week of October 8-14
Sermon Series: Say What?
Everything Happens for a Reason (Watch or Listen to This Week's Message)
Impact Team Focus: Prayer Team
Main Thought for the Week:
There is a misunderstanding that God causes everything, whether good, bad, or indifferent. God is in control, but he does not control every action we take. In order to counter this misunderstanding, we must consider the actual cause of bad things - we live in a world that is controlled by the enemy. As humans, we want to understand everything, but we cannot. Instead, we must focus on what we know about God. God does not cause all things, but He will work in all things for those who love Him.
Romans 8:28 (ESV)
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
Proverbs 3:5 (ESV)
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
Philippians 4:8 (ESV)
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
- When have you used, or heard someone use the phrase, “Everything happens for a reason”?
- Is it easy or difficult for you to be content with not understanding something?
- Have you ever blamed God after something negative happened in your life?
- What are some biblical truths that you can focus on to find comfort in times of sorrow or confusion?
- How have you seen God make good come out of bad things?
Pray for individual requests in the group, pray for people being reached out to by group members by name, and pray for the growth and health of Grace City.