Life Group Guide (12.03.17)
Life Group Guide
For the week of December 3-9
Sermon Series: Bold
Impact Team Focus: Worship
Main Thought for the Week:
Boldness is a behavior born out of belief. Therefore, we speak boldly about what we believe deeply. We see time and time again that the apostles in Acts could not help but speak about Jesus, even in the face of persecution.
Because I believe so deeply…
- I will speak boldly to myself.
- I can't help but encourage others.
- I can't help but lovingly correct others.
- I can't help but lead others towards Jesus.
Acts 4:17 (NIV)
“But so that it will not spread any further among the people, let us warn them to speak no longer to any man in this name.”
Acts 4:19 (NIV)
But Peter and John answered and said to them, “Whether it is right in the sight of God to give heed to you rather than to God, you be the judge”.
- What is a subject matter you enjoy speaking passionately about?
- Have you ever spoken boldly, or preached, to yourself? What was this experience like?
- Have you ever had another person boldly encourage or correct you? If appropriate to share, describe this situation.
- What hinders you from speaking boldly?
- What is a specific area of boldly speaking where you’d like to grow? How can you move in this direction?
Pray for individual requests in the group, pray for people being reached out to by group members by name, and pray for the growth and health of Grace City.